Choosing The Right Dog For Your Lifestyle
Posted on September 28, 2016 by Michael Moll
Right Dog For The Right Home
Owning a dog is a long-term commitment, regardless of the size, shape, and temperament. It is no secret that their everlasting companionship and unconditional love is well worth the sacrifices you make, BUT are you ready for those sacrifices - that responsibility? Not everybody is, despite the idea of having a furry friend to cuddle with.
The responsibility of meeting a dog’s needs can be overwhelming, but making sure that you pick the correct breed for your lifestyle can help ensure both your pup and you will lead a happy life. A few important questions must be considered to make an educated decision for your lifestyle:
- What size dog are you interested in and why?
- Does the size dog that you are interested in seem realistic for the space that you live in?
- How energetic do you want your dog to be?
- How much time are you able to devote to exercising your dog?
- How much time are you able to devote to playing with your dog?
- Are you looking for a very affectionate dog?
- Do you have other pets? What have their reactions been towards other pets in the past?
- How much time are you able to devote to training your dog?
Are you looking for a protective dog or one that just loves everybody?
- Do you have children? Is the breed that you are considering good with children?
- Are you able to keep up with the grooming needs of the breed you have in mind?
- Do you live in a primarily hot or cold climate? (it is important to consider this before bringing home a dog who can not adapt to the climate that you live in)
Once you have answered all of these questions, look into breeds that are the closest match to your answers. Doing your research before bringing a new furry friend into your home will ensure you and your new pup will live a happy life together.
Source (Image): Canine KidsSource (Image): Mark Vette