Here are a few things you should know to keep your pet safe, and everyone happy during this time of year:
Oh, Christmas Tree!
Mistletoe and Holly
Making Spirits Bright
If chewed on, wires can give a nasty electrical shock and leave burns in their sensitive mouths and esophagus. Your pet can also get tangled in the wires, and cause injury to their limbs and other body parts.
Sweets and Meats
Chocolate and sweets with xylitol can be toxic to dogs. Usually causing some gastrointestinal upset, but it can also cause neurological impairment and can be fatal.
High-fat meats and other fixings can have an effect on your pooch’s digestive system, causing GI upset, and can lead to an inflamed pancreas. This can leave you with costly medical bills and one sick puppy.
If you follow these tips and keep your pet safe this holiday, it means everyone can enjoy this magical time of year!